About 75 percent of truck accidents are caused by drivers of other passenger vehicles, not truck drivers. In most cases the driver and passengers of these smaller cars are injured or killed, while the truck driver remains relatively safe. People who are injured in car-truck collisions will likely require emergency medical treatment and, possibly, some long-term medical care. Additionally, they may be unable to work, which alongside costly and mounting medical bills, can leave victims of truck-car crashes financially devastated.
To help victims of traffic accidents through these trying times, our truck and car accident attorneys aggressively stand up for the rights of injured parties and fight to ensure they receive the settlements they deserve so they can recover and move on with their lives.
Car-Truck Accidents Statistics
- About 15.5 million trucks are currently driving on U.S. roadways
- Nearly 13 percent of these are tractor-trailers, semis, big rigs and 18 wheelers
- According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, there are 200 million passenger vehicle drivers, and about 3.5 million Americans are licensed truck drivers
- Approximately 2 out of every 3 car-truck collisions occur during the daytime in rural areas on Saturdays and Sundays
- About half of all truck accidents involve front-end collisions.
- About 12 percent of all fatal truck accidents involve rollovers
- In approximately 27 percent of all fatal truck crashes, the truck driver had a previous conviction for speeding
- Texas, California and Florida have more fatal truck & auto accidents than any other states in the U.S.
Have You Been in a Recent Car-Truck Accident?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, or if your loved one has been killed in such a crash, you will likely have a personal injury claim and be entitled to compensation. Following all necessary medical care, injured parties should attend a complimentary consultation with a skilled accident attorney. During this meeting, prospective plaintiffs can:
- Find out if they have a case
- Learn more about the upcoming legal process
- Get expert advice regarding the most appropriate manner in which to perceive their case, based on their needs and the circumstances of the case
- Secure aggressive, professional representation for all future legal proceedings
The best lawyer for you will be one who has a proven track record of successfully going up against corporate lawyers and insurance companies. For more information about your specific case, please contact our truck accident lawyers today.