I-49 is a 200-mile stretch of highway that takes travelers from Lafayette to Shreveport, Louisiana. Connecting to I-10 in the south, this highway has many major junctions that create a decent flow of traffic on the roadway. Its interstate status and ease of access makes it an ideal choice for truck drivers who want to get to their destination quickly and without the hassle of old U.S. routes and state highways. Since truck accidents can happen wherever there are trucks, you always need to be cautious.
Unfortunately, many truck accidents are the fault of the truck driver. When you are injured or your loved one is injured or killed as a result of a collision with a semi truck, you need to seek damages for your suffering. There are legal options available. Make sure that you fight the case accordingly by hiring a truck accident attorney to help you understand your options and rights.
Facts About I-49
- I-49 is another local interstate, existing entirely in Louisiana
- There are just over 200 miles of roadway on I-49
- Traffic on I-49 reaches about 100,000 vehicles on average per day
- I-49 currently has plans for expansions to Kansas City along U.S. 71 and to New Orleans along U.S. 90, but those have not been put into place as of yet
- I-49 is a major commuter route and also provides truck access between Shreveport and Lafayette, Louisiana
Why You Need a Semi Accident Lawyer
When you are injured in a truck accident, or you have a loved one who is injured or killed, you have legal options. Hiring a truck accident lawyer will help you explore those options and find the best outcome for your situation, no matter what that might be.
An accident attorney experienced with 18-wheeler cases will know how to fight for your rights and will get you the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to. To speak a qualified legal professional about your specific circumstances, call or email our truck accident lawyers today.