Truck accident lawsuits are investigated on behalf of people who have been injured or whose loved ones have been killed in a serious truck accident.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), nearly 90 percent of all truck crashes are caused by human error, which can include:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving without the proper experience or licensing
- Failing to comply with traffic laws
- Not paying adequate attention to the road when driving (i.e. talking on a cell phone, playing with the radio, putting on makeup, eating, etc.)
- Not properly maintaining the vehicle (i.e. failing to regularly inspect the vehicle, check for proper tire pressure, etc.)
- Not properly securing a load being towed
- Overloading the vehicle
Given the central role of human error in most truck collisions, it's no surprise that tens of thousands of truck accident injuries and deaths could be prevented each year. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, consult one of our experienced tractor-trailer accident lawyers for legal guidance. We will evaluate the details of your case and fight aggressively to ensure you recover the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to.
Truck Accident Statistics
The USDOT reports that:
- Each year in the U.S., approximately 500,000 trucking collisions occur
- Of these, 5,000 result in fatal injuries
- More than 87,000 truck accidents result in some kind of injury
- Three in every four truck crashes are caused by occupants of another passenger car—no the truck driver
- About 70 percent of all truck accidents occur in rural areas on the weekends during the daytime.
- While truck driver intoxication only accounts for 1 percent of all truck accidents, when truckers are responsible for a collision, driver fatigue is a primary cause in about 30 percent of all cases
Settlements for Truck Accident Victims
Our truck accident lawyers are dedicated to helping injured victims and families get compensation for the physical pain, emotional damages and financial losses. Along with compiling all necessary evidence and securing expert testimony to bolster your case, our lawyers will aggressively defend your rights against corporate lawyers in any necessary legal proceeding, including mediation, arbitration and trial proceedings.
We have the experience, skills and resources to get you through the legal process as quickly and pain free as possible. For more information about your specific circumstances, please contact our truck accident lawyers today.