According to the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), more than 500,000 truck accidents occur on U.S. roadways each year. While about 5,000 Americans died in trucking collisions last year, tens of thousands more were injured and needed to seek emergency medical to prevent further damage to their health.
When a truck accident occurs, the effects can be devastating. It can be impossible for some victims to fully recover, particularly if they have lost a loved one or have sustained a permanent disability. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck crash, or if you have lost a loved one in a truck accident, you will be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses as long as another party's negligence or recklessness contributed to the accident and your losses. Our truck accident lawyers are aware of the latest changes in personal injury law, and they are here to help you get through the legal process as efficiently and successfully as possible.
When Victims Have a Claim
Examples of the types of negligence and recklessness that can cause injurious and fatal truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue or intoxication
- Driver inexperience or distraction
- Excessive vehicle weight
- Improperly attached cargo
- Speeding, running red lights or otherwise violating traffic laws
- Vehicle equipment failure
- Defective truck parts
Bad weather, poor road conditions and debris in the roadway can exacerbate the above forms of negligence, thereby causing more serious accidents and associated injuries from a truck accident.
How Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
For a thorough evaluation of your case and to learn more about your legal rights and entitlements, consult with an experienced truck accident attorney today. To build each client the strongest case possible, truck crash attorneys will:
- Gather all essential evidence, including police reports, photographic evidence of the collision (and the resulting vehicles), witness statements and doctors reports
- Point out fallacies, inconsistencies or weaknesses in the opposing arguments
- Find tire track analysts, forensic scientists and other experts who can confirm your claims and testify when necessary in official court proceedings
- Aggressively defending your rights in any necessary legal proceeding
Compensation May Be Available
Our network of truck accident lawyers have a proven track record of successfully going up against corporate lawyers and insurance companies. Ultimately, our goal is help accident victims recover compensation for losses including:
- Funeral and burial costs, in the event of a wrongful death
- Outstanding medical bills
- Ongoing treatment costs
- Permanent disabilities
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
If you've been in a serious truck accident and think you may need qualified legal help, contact out truck accident attorneys today.