Truck accident litigation refers to personal injury lawsuits in which those injured in a truck accident seek compensation for their medical bills, ongoing treatment costs, lost wages, permanent disabilities and pain and suffering. People who have been injured in a truck accident and families whose loved ones have been killed in a truck accident should know that they do have rights which may qualify them to seek compensation for their damages and losses.
If you've been injured in a truck accident you can turn to our accident attorneys for help. We are experienced in truck accident litigation and are familiar with highway safety. We have the knowledge, skills and resources it takes to ensure that you and your family recover the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to. To discuss the details of your accident and potential case, contact our injury lawyers today.
Do You Have a Case?
Victims of truck crashes will most likely have a case when any of the following factors have contributed to the accident:
- Driver distractions
- Driver fatigue
- Driver intoxication
- Improperly secured cargo loads or vehicles that are loaded with too much weight
- Lack of driver experience
- Reckless driving, such as speeding, tail gating or unsafely changing lanes
- Vehicle equipment defects or failures (Braking and steering failures, as well as sudden unintended acceleration problems are among the leading causes of vehicle equipment defects—and ensuing accidents, injuries and deaths.)
- Violation of traffic laws
Other factors that may also contribute to a truck accident include:
- Pedestrians, animals or debris are in the road
- Poor road conditions, ranging from potholes to lack of lighting to poor signage, are present
- Dangerous, harsh weather conditions such as intense fog or rain
Truck accidents may involve big rigs, 18-wheelers, semi-trucks, gas trucks and more. Just the mere size and weight of these trucks will cause damage to another car or property upon impact. Add in high speeds, dangerous roadways or harsh weather, and the outcome can be catastrophic.
How to Recover the Compensation You Deserve
Victims of truck accidents may be able to obtain a settlement by following through with a lawsuit. Our truck accident attorneys are committed to building and presenting the strongest cases possible on behalf of the injured and their families. We will make sure to protect your rights at all times and will keep you informed of what is happening throughout the process.
For more information or to speak with a qualified truck attorney about your case, contact us today.