A wrongful death is a fatality that occurs due to the negligence, recklessness or carelessness of another individual or entity. When wrongful death affects a family, the results can be emotionally and financially devastating, as the deep grief of losing a loved one is coupled with the cost of the deceased's debt and laying him/her to rest. During these times, our skilled injury attorneys want you to know that they are here for you.
Wrongful death is a legal claim that allows affected families to collect compensation for their losses, as well as their pain and suffering. If you suspect that negligence has played a role in your loved one's death, we can help you get the compensation you need to move forward with your life. While a monetary award will not bring your loved one back, it will help you pay for the losses you face. Working with an experienced attorney to file a lawsuit will ensure the responsible parties are held accountable for their wrongdoing.
Our qualified truck accident lawyers have experience in handling truck crash cases involving wrongful death. We have helped families whose loved ones have been killed in truck crashes get the full amount of compensation they are entitled to.
Causes of Wrongful Death
While a number of different events or factors can result in a wrongful death, some of the most common causes include:
- Car, truck and motor vehicle accidents
- Defective drugs
- Defective products
- Exposure to toxins, such as asbestos or benzene
- Medical malpractice
- Tainted foods, such as food tainted by e-coli or salmonella
- Workplace or construction accidents
Wrongful Death Statistics
- According to the U.S. Department of Justice, approximately 90 percent of all medical malpractice lawsuits were filed due to wrongful death or permanent disability
- The U.S. Department of Transportation reports that, last year, there were nearly 40,000 wrongful deaths due to motor vehicle accidents
- Within the past five years, wrongful deaths due to defective prescription medications have increased 68 percent, according to the Center for Disease Control
- The U.S. Department of Labor reports that nearly 6,000 individuals sustain an on-the-job wrongful death each year
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Accident injury lawyers specialize in building strong wrongful death claims to help the decedents get through the legal process as favorable and efficiently as possible. To ensure that each client's needs are exceeded, our attorneys will cultivate highly personalized, professional relationships with each client. We recognize the emotional hardships you are facing and are determined to provide you with the compassion and care that you deserve.
If your loved one died in a crash that involved a big rig, 18-wheeler or another commercial truck, you can get legal help by consulting a truck lawyer in your state. Don't wait until it is too late, contact our truck accident lawyers today.